Sunday, June 7, 2009

due north

We spent the weekend at the family cabin. It was purchased when I was still small. Now as an adult I find I appreciate a variety new and lovely details that make the place great; doing the dishes in the quiet mid-morning hour, discovering discarded remnants from childhood in the garage, standing on the screen porch watching the bats swoop down at dusk. This place is a keystone in my mythology and this weekend I added to it by catching the largest fish. Summer now feels official even if the weather felt more like early spring.













































































































1 comment:

Seth said...

Wonderful photos. Looks cold! I love the tomatoes on the window sill. Also: just found out I've got a ticket to see Andrew Bird and the Decemberists at Merriweather tonight. Maybe I'll finally be convinced that I should like the Decemberists?