Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Guest Blogger: Charlie: On Tricks

My husband Charlie has been talking nonstop about how much money we are saving now that he isn't buying razor blades any more. I thought I should give him the chance to share his findings with the rest of you. And now I hand it over to him.

- - -

So about three months ago I came across this article about shaving, and the ridiculous high price of razor blades. The article suggested an easy way to keep razor blades sharp for months on end using a piece of denim. I was incredulous. I figured razor blades are expensive for a reason. And they wear out quick. And this denim thing seemed like a hobo remedy that would not work. Turns out it does. I’ve been using the same blade since August 1 and it’s still going strong. Just do this:

  1. Get a piece of denim a foot long, give or take.
  2. Hold the blade down against the denim and push it away from you 20 times.
  3. Shave.
  4. Push the blade against the denim another 20 times after you finish.
  5. Quit buying razor blades.

5 comments:

Al said...

Holy cats! This is life changing...

Channing said...

That's incredible! I just lost my excuse to grow a beard, Charlie. I'm sure I'll come up with another one though, and then I'll be able to pass on my disposable razor blades to my children and my children's children.

curtis k said...

I was going to buy razor blades tonight but will try this instead. Thanks in advance.

Seth said...

Favorite guest blogger: Charlie.

Bemo said...

Amazing!! Write more blog posts!