Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Guest Blogger: Charlie: On Archiving

Six months ago Charlie and I started a family archive project. Last week we finished our work on editing and arranging one incredible interview with Charlie's grandfather, Gramps. This project is meant for our families, but we thought you guys would enjoy it too.

After posting successfully last month, I'm turning it over to my favorite guest blogger again. I think this may need to become a monthly tradition. So without further adieu, here's Charlie.

- - -

It was a warm Sunday afternoon in May when I unwound the cord on my bulky microphone in the living room of my grandparents’ home. Gramps sat comfortably on his favorite chair and we settled in on the couch. He talked about being a child and about growing older.

It’s hard to find words to describe losing Gramps. He was such a huge part of my life, and so instrumental in my upbringing. I’m glad he’s at peace now.

These are a few clips of our interview.









1 comment:

linda hummel said...

All I kept thinking about as I listened this morning is what a gift this will be to your children. The power of memory and words... nothing is greater. Thanks for sharing with those who didn't know Gramps.

Linda