Sunday, December 13, 2009

my mother and winter




















This is my mama. Isn't she a babe? I love this photo of her. Her eyes are bright and she reflects that incredible teenage exuberance. I love her. 

On Saturday she celebrated another birthday. When we spoke, her voice was filled with the same energy reflected in this photo. I am so thankful for her.

A few months ago she had the opportunity to meet one of her favorite authors, David Sedaris. From the sounds of the meeting, he adored her as much as I do.

So in honor of my mom and this lovely winter season, I'm sharing her favorite short story by Sedaris. She loves this story and makes everyone read it. So now I'm making you read it. You can find it here.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Awww, thanks Myndi, what a wonderful tribute. Love you too!