Monday, January 4, 2010

Taking Stock
































On my walk home tonight, I breathed deep. I like (brief) walks in the cold. Good for clearing the mind and putting things into focus.

January is the perfect month to take stock in the year past, to pause after the giddy, twinkling days of December, and to simply be still. In these early moments of the year all things
seem possible. Our slates are clean, motivation runs strong, and our hands twitch, anticipating the wonderful things we will do. I wish I could reserve this surge of inspiration and sense of possibility for the bleak weeks of March, when spring seems miles away and goals seem unreachable.

But something about this January feels different. Perhaps I've become more realistic in my expectations and set more attainable goals. In any case, I have confidence I can see them through this year. I feel we are on the brink of many changes in the next few years and I really want to enjoy and live each moment in 2010. I hope your first week of January is off to a wonderful start!

1 comment:

Marion said...

Myndi, I love your typewriter picture. I have a typewriter that I still use ever so often. After reading quite a few blogs the past few days, I've noticed a lot of optimism for 2010. It's encouraging and I really love it!! Happy New Year to you. Blessings!