Friday, September 17, 2010

Reminds me of

Any reader of this blog knows my obsession with family photographs. As I've been embarking on a new personal project, I've been digging up old snapshots and scanning in my favorites. I love this one of my great great grandfather in his office. He was the the town doctor. My grandfather tells the most fascinating stories of traveling with his grandfather-in-law out to the country to make house calls on icy January nights. Folks that didn't have the means to pay for Doc's services would often show up at his office with various animal or crop offerings. He was an avid reader and letter writer and I now have many of his books on my shelf. I think we would have gotten along well. I really wish I would have had the chance to meet him.


1 comment:

Marion said...

What an amazing photo! I just love that roll-top desk and the awesome typewriter. (I love old typewriters and collect photos of them for decoupage.) You have a wealth of family history in your photos. Thanks for sharing this one. Blessings!