Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#1: Put out the Christmas decorations

So I'm playing catch up here, but I've been trying to stick to my advent calendar, fitting in Christmasy things each day. I haven't tackled everything on the list, but I'm hoping I can squeeze everything in before the end of the month.

Decorating for Christmas has been a bit of a drag over the last couple years as Charlie is usually too busy studying to help me put everything up. But this year he was able to take a break and it was much more fun.

Since we travel a lot every holiday, we don't get a real tree. We both grew up with real trees and hope to return to purchasing a real tree someday. For now though, I love our little tinsel tree. I love how cozy it makes our house and the vintage look it has. I look forward to unpacking our boxes and hanging all of our special ornaments. My Aunt Kim gives us a personalized ornament every year which is such a great tradition. I also take part in an ornament exchange with some old friends and I always look forward to receiving mine in the mail. My favorite ornaments are the ones we made as kids. It's remarkable that they are still holding up after all of these years!








No comments: