Wednesday, December 15, 2010

#2 Make Christmas Crackers



































I have always wanted to make Christmas crackers. I decided our book club holiday party would be the perfect excuse to make some. These are so much fun to make and are easily completed while watching your favorite Christmas movie. I'm no expert on crackers, but they are an English tradition and as far as I know, usually contain a little trinket, a joke, and a tissue paper crown.

I followed these directions to make mine. If you're a planner, you can save up empty toilet paper rolls for your crackers. The snaps are probably the hardest things to find, though many craft stores carry them. I went ahead and ordered enough supplies to make Christmas crackers for years to come. I imagine these are pretty popular with kids, seeing how much fun we had cracking them open. I can't wait to make these for our future kiddos!

No comments: