Thursday, December 16, 2010

#4 Attend a Holiday Market






















This year I attended the Renegade Craft Fair Holiday Sale. I didn't need to buy too much, so I tried to exercise some restraint, but there were so many fantastic artists selling their things. If you're not lucky enough to live in a place that hosts such a cool holiday market, or if you weren't able to attend, I highly recommend Poppytalk Handmade. I've mentioned this site here before, but I can't say enough about the selections they feature every month.
Poppytalk Handmade is a monthly online street market that showcases the handmade goods of emerging artists from all over the world. Poppytalk rounds up the best etsy shops and puts together a fantastic selection, perfect for holiday shopping or for finding a fantastic birthday gift. I visit the site every month to see if I might stumble upon something great for someone on my list.

Some of my favorites this month:
Lovely cake plate from Sunday Hatch
Beautiful knitted piece from
Kove Handmade
Vintage French stapler from
Odd and Old
Zipper pouch from
Sam Made
Monogrammed notepad from Inkello Letterpress
Slide painting by Leah Giberson
Quilt from Comma Workshop











































































































































No comments: