Tuesday, February 15, 2011

flip for it

Every Valentine's Day we flip a coin. One person gets dinner, one gets dessert. This year Charlie got dinner, I got dessert. Charlie made roasted chicken thighs with apples, gin, and coriander. I made profiteroles with anise ice cream and chocolate sauce. We ate like kings and drank wine.

Since we've been on a crossword puzzle kick, I thought it would be fun to make a crossword puzzle about our (almost) ten years together. Then I read a note from Charlie and cried into my dessert. Then there was Scrabble and more wine.

I know a lot of people scoff at Valentine's Day, but I kind of love it. It's not about the cards, the flowers, and the candy, but a great chance to tell the people in your life you love them. Thanks Valentine for such a special night.
































































































































No comments: