Friday, October 21, 2011

Harry










With each passing birthday of one of my brothers, I realize that I am old. Also? Getting more uncool by the day. This is especially true when it comes to the coolest of cool brothers. He was born Jacob, but he has more nicknames than any of us can keep track of. To some he is Harry, some he is Jake, others Jakeys. To me he is brother. Or affectionately, Harr. Ever since childhood, he has embodied this quiet confidence, this belief that he can do anything. It would be pretty annoying if it wasn't true. And if he wasn't the humblest of guys. He is the real deal and impresses us everyday with one of his many skills. Study advanced physics? Check. Crazy running and athletic feats? Check. Restore a Motobecane bike? Check. Design a house for fun? Check. Dance battle? Check. (Seriously, don't dance battle this guy. You will lose.)

Harr, I am so honored to be your big sister and hope you'll still talk to me as I grow more and more uncool. It has been so great to see you succeeding in school and excelling in everything you pursue. I can't say I'm surprised, but I am proud. We are so lucky to have you in our lives and I can't wait to celebrate your big day with you tomorrow.

Love,
M




No comments: