Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer Coffee









































So this isn't the first time I've mentioned homemade iced coffee here. But I felt I must write and tell you again how good it is so that you will make some soon. I missed out on it last summer while I was pregnant and I have had some catching up to do. I urge you to make a batch right now so it will be ready when you head out to the Farmer's Market or sit down with the newspaper tomorrow morning.


Iced Coffee
via The New York Times

1/3 cup ground coffee (medium-coarse grind is best)
Milk (optional)

1. In a jar, stir together coffee and 1 1/2 cups water. Cover and let rest at room temperature overnight or 12 hours.
2. Strain twice through a coffee filter, a fine-mesh sieve, or a sieve lined with cheesecloth. In a tall glass filled with ice, mix equal parts coffee concentrate and water, or to taste. If desired, add milk.
Yield: Two drinks.

No comments: